Kiss of the King Brown

Kiss of the King Brown
(Click the King Brown)

Tuesday, June 21

Even Mad Dogs Take Care of Their Own Children


Even Mad Dogs Take Care of Their Own Children

 

 

It is one of my favourite sayings; what does it mean?

It means to me that I have to look beyond my own self-interest my own hurts, failings and imaginings and see the situation and then react accordingly not because it might benefit me, or because I do not like that person, or I do not like that situation, or it might cost me in some way, but because it is the right thing to do.

Mad dogs will take care of their children just as sane or good dogs do. That is what they do! But they do it because it is instinctive and is in their self-interest. They will kill anything else that moves.

When this is principle is applied to people it means people who do the right thing not because they have to but because they want to! This is how you can tell a person’s character, not from what they are doing but from why they are doing it!

I am trying not to be sanctimonious here because I have failed many, many times but if we cannot apply some principles or logic to our lives then we become as the Mad Dog IS. As they say   “It's a dog eat dog world”   But it does not have to be!

The widow, the poor, the unfortunate, the disabled, the unloved, the unfashionable, are all deserving of our love and help not because we have to but because we want to.

 





Let us try otherwise the Mad Dogs will truly rule the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: