Kiss of the King Brown

Kiss of the King Brown
(Click the King Brown)

Sunday, May 10

Mum the Black Dog....

10.5.20
John Condliffe
Kyneton


Dear Mum,

It's  been a rough couple of months had my fourth Angiogram yesterday which was a PCI trying to clear my right Coronary Artery of a total occlusion near the origin of this artery. The catheters balloon burst on the first attempt into the lumen of the artery compromising the procedure and causing all sorts of mayhem and problems with procedure. Then the wire fed down the lumen could not get back into the artery at distal side of the occlusion.....

This was relayed to me by my brilliant, confident but agitated cardiologist in whispered couched terms just after the procedure as I lay there contemplating the patterns on the labs ceiling...

Mum I was crushed like an eggshell underfoot...at the very least it means another two months of uncertainty, compromise and invalid status. That Black Dog we have talked about before was now laying on my chest, slathering into my face,  sinking it's fangs into my soul...

But hey....as I lay there in my drugged haze, the foul smell of the dogs breath clogging my being...I knew I could not let him feed on my bones...

Mum my heart is compromised yes but it is still good if I give it some help...Mum I now weigh 91 Kgs, am 179 Cm as you know so have a BMI of 28 which is not to bad I suppose means just slightly overweight..Laying there I pledged to reduce my weight by 10kg! Mum I know it may not be realistic but I have to have a go...

The Black Dog slunk down onto the corner of the bed snarling, fangs dripping...

Mum I  also decided to build a north facing Arbor for some orchids and flowering plants in the the back garden...

I have decided to build a new toilet cubicle and combustible toilet for our holiday place on the lake...what do you think? Will talk to Maureen about it!

The dog crawled under the bed whimpering like the cur it is...

Love You Mum
Think of you every day

John





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: